Saturday, September 11, 2010

As much as it pains me.....

.......to push Josh out of the top spot on the blog I had to post something new to calm my raging fans who are hungry for new posts.  Unfortunately I only have time for a quick one today, but there will be more coming soon as I have lots of Spork pictures from this summer.  Ok, on to the actual post........

Last night we ventured up to the State Fair.  Looked at a few animals, scored myself a sweet deal on some fake Dolce and Gabbana sunglasses (because I left mine at home), walked through the 4-H house and reminisced about how I cheated in the 4-H baking contest when I was 12 and won with a Krusteaz muffin mix, and then headed over to 'creative arts' where we found this beauty.



At first glance you think....oh a stuffed deer...how nice....but upon closer examination you realize it's only half a stuffed deer.  Am I the only one who finds that disturbing?  Those of you who know me, know that I don't have a problem with taxidermied animals (for those who don't, I grew up with a stuffed turkey greeting me outside my bedroom door each and every morning and a ginormous elk staring down anyone who entered our front door) but somehow half of an animal laying on pseudo snow with a rock where his butt should be gives me the willies. It's like he's the swish-plop deer.  (If anyone besides my family gets that, then you're super cool and you probably nearly peed your pants around a campfire as a child just like I did.)    Anyway, that's all I have time for this morning, so until next time Stumpy the deer and I bid you adieu.

8 comments:

  1. Where was I when you were cheating? News to me. Poor stumpy the swish plop deer. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty sure it was your idea to cheat! We forgot stuff had to be into the county fair so you just had me use some of the bran muffin mix you got from Sam's Club. And then I won.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am putting "Stumpy the Deer" in my nightmare category, right by the alien that scared Jenica and I in our back yard...YIKES!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What's even more frightening is Ol' Swish-Plop won an award!! (Not you, the deer... I appreciate a good award won from using a mix and claiming it as your own)

    ReplyDelete
  5. whoa.
    k i have to admit im not real fond of taxidermy and the entire concept seems morbid to me.

    but that is the weirdest thing i have ever seen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I guess I am not cool. I had to ask what swish-plop was. Kendall had a really good laugh. It is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete