Saturday, September 12, 2009

Spork's Summer Vacation....Part 2

Hello again! It's time for the second installment of the fabulous summer vacation adventures of Spork! Ok, this particular installment may not actually be as fabulous because I personally wasn't there, but Spock tried to keep Kirk filled in on everything he was doing while Kirk was in Tennessee so I'll do the best I can.

Spock spent a couple days in Orem just packing, eating a lot of Taco Bell
and getting things ready to go before heading south to see some of the sights of Central and Southern Utah. The first stop on his journey was the Big Rock Candy Mountain.

Oh, the buzzin' of the bees in the peppermint trees
'Round the soda water fountains
Where the lemonade springs and the bluebird sings
In the Big Rock Candy Mountains!



Now I'm not entirely sure why they call this somewhat barren looking hill Big Rock Candy Mountain, but then again I'm not sure why people in Central Utah do anything they do....bunch of weirdos.

After seeing all there was to see there Spock ventured further south to the Fremont Indian Museum.

Fremont Indian State Park Visitor Center

Now this place I can vouch for. I remember going there in 4th grade and scrambling all over the place looking for cool indian stuff. I even remember one of the guides telling us a story about how a certain hill was to be demolished to build the freeway, but the night before they were to bulldoze it a lone wolf sat atop the hill and howled such a mournful howl that they decided to build the freeway around it and leave the hill intact. Pretty sure that's probably a load of crap cooked up by an old man that wanted to entertain a bunch of rowdy little beaverites, but to a 4th grader it was the gospel truth and we just knew that the spirit of some long dead indian resided in that wolf and that he was just protecting his ancient home. But I digress....this post is not about me and my random memories....so back to Spock! Spock did take a few pictures around the museum and had a good time learning about the Indians and what they did when they lived there.

(zoom in on this pic....do you see something terribly wrong with Spock....I really think he should have a doctor check that out)


Basketcase

Child of the Corn

Apparently Spock is a real hands on learner. It's a good thing none of the tour guides saw him climbing around on the exhibits. I know first hand what happens when you mess their stuff and trust me, it's not pretty!

The third stop on Spocks journey south was Cove Fort.



I'm not really sure what Spock thought of this place, but I'm sure he had fun wandering around looking at all the old pioneer stuff and being chased around by old missionary couples wanting to teach him all about it. Seriously...those old people can move fast when they want to!

Once he'd had his fill of old timey fun it was time to head to FABULOUS BEAVER UTAH!

(OK, so I'm a little biased, but really....Beaver is a pretty fantastic place. Spork may have to take a journey there soon and document all of the fun)

Beaver was really just a pit stop to meet up with my parents and start the LONG drive to Vegas, which means this is the end of this particular post....stay tuned though.....all the adventures of Vegas are just around the corner!!

No comments:

Post a Comment